best table tennis tables for 2019 - top 10 reviews
If you’re in a hurry, here is a quick list of our top 10 table tennis tables.
JOOLA Rally TL 300 Table Tennis Table
Features double anti-tilting devices
2 magnetic abacus scorekeepers
Recreational table with 15 mm MDF surface
Centerfold 25 Rollaway Table Tennis Table
JOOLA NOVA DX Indoor/Outdoor Table Tennis Table
EastPoint Sports EPS 3000 Table Tennis Table
Powder coated, rust resistant steel frame is very stable
Seamless two-piece table tennis top
sturdy and self-folding
Killerspin Revolution Table Tennis Table
aluminum for extreme stability
Looks very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing
Heavy-gauge steel frame
JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table
provides a good bounce for a mini table tennis table
Each half can be used for other things including board games.
designed to last
STIGA Space Saver Table Tennis Table
The table top comes with silk screen stripping.
even bounce throughout the playing surface.
The levelers are well folded to prevent unwanted scratches
STIGA InstaPlay Table Tennis Table
No Assembly Required, features InstaPlay Technology
¾ ” of thick black table top with silk screen strips
2″ of steel aprons with corner protectors
STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table
Dimensions: 63” x 56” x 5”
Competition-ready table that is perfect for your office or home
The 5/8 inch-thick top with silk-screen stripping offers excellent playability.
JOOLA Inside 15mm 5/8 Inch Table Tennis Table
Competition grade table and net set
quick assembly in less than 20 minutes
comes with a sturdy 15 mm wood composite playing surface
JOOLA Rally TL 300 Table Tennis Table
It also features adjustable feet that allow players to level the table when playing and fold them under the table for easy and compact storage. Each independent half is perfectly mounted on a 30 x 30mm thick undercarriage that’s secured on durable locking casters and an anti-tilting device for easy and safe transportation. You can also train solo by simply setting up your JOOLA Rally TL 300 Table on the playback position.
Description and specifications
- Assembled dimensions: 108” x 60” x 63”
- Weight: 155 lbs
- Recreational table with 15 mm MDF surface
- Powder coated 30 mm x 30 mm undercarriage
- Matching net set
- Four corner ball holders that can hold up to three table tennis balls each.
- 2 magnetic abacus scorekeepers
- Folds up for compact storage and playback mode
- Adjustable feet level the playing surface during game play.
- Features double anti-tilting devices
- Locking wheels ensure easy and safe transportation.
Centerfold 25 Rollaway Table Tennis Table: Best Expensive Table
Now you are looking at one of the sturdiest, heavy-duty and excellent quality of Table Tennis table by Butterfly. Not just in looks, but this particular table qualifies to be one of the best in performance as well. With 1” thick table top, you are provided with amazing bounce, spin, and speed; which is the most looked-for feature by Tennis pros.
With the approval of ITTF, you are to experience professional-level of tennis play with Butterfly Centrefold. For ease of maneuvrability and better steadiness during games, this comes with 5” of locking rubber wheels. The legs have been spaced 400mm inward, so the table qualifies with the ITTC regulations for wheelchair players.
Foldable frame allows one person to easily handle the table and move it around while setting it up. Plus, it occupies minimum space during storage as the top folds up compactly. Talking about even leveling, the Butterfly Centrefold comes with adjustable feet having screws at its base. This is why the surface will be perfectly leveled and won’t cause a mess.
Durability and Performance
Centrefold 25 comes preassembled and has a fold-and-roll design. 1 inch of scratch-proof table top is constructed from compressed particle board, which is further protected by a hard PVC band on the edges. Heavy-duty steel rails on the sides greatly support the whole structure and act as a strong backing. A Europa NET set comes included with the table for your suitability. Such nets are of highest quality and are USATT/ITTF approved as well. With the weight of 280 pounds, this table is heavy and stable enough; certainly won’t wobble whatsoever.
Who is it for?
It is a top-level competition table that can be used in clubs or for professional tournaments. The optimal thickness of the table top offers precise speed, spin, and bounce to the players. The table comes fully assembled, so that’s a huge relief!
Features and specifications
- Very easy to install and breakdown
- Locking wheel design
- 5 inch of rubber wheels
- 2” of square-shaped steel legs with adjustable design
- Approved by ITTF
- In compliance with ITTC regulations for wheelchair players
- Steel rim measures 2” x ¾”
- 1” (25mm) thick wooden table top with anti-skid properties
- 5 years of warranty
JOOLA NOVA DX Indoor/Outdoor Table Tennis Table
If you want an outdoor table tennis table that will withstand the elements and is not expensive then the JOOLA NOVA DX Indoor/Outdoor Table Tennis Table is for you. It features a 6 mm aluminum composite top adjustable leg levelers and a 40 mm thick apron that prevents warping.
The table is also reinforced with a 2” heavy gauge steel undercarriage that keeps the table stable even during hard play. You can also use the JOOLA NOVA DX Outdoor Table Tennis Table for excellent playback during practice or when you don’t have a partner.
The JOOLA NOVA DX Indoor/Outdoor Table Tennis Table is designed for outdoor use. Therefore, if you want a well-made and cheap outdoor table, then this is the right table for you. However, it is important to remember that you’ll not be getting a table that offers excellent play like indoor tables and it might take a while to get used to.
If you don’t really want to spend too many bucks on a poker table, yet are ready to extend your budget up to $500, go with this one! It looks beautiful, it features strength and just can’t go wrong for the money!
EastPoint Sports EPS 3000 Table Tennis Table
The EastPoint Sports EPS 3000 Table Tennis Table offers real value for money. It features a seamless two-piece tabletop that folds up very easily for excellent playback and convenient storage. It also comes with a paddle storage system and an on-center net. However, balls and paddles are not included.
Therefore, if you are looking for a competition sized table tennis table on a budget, then the EastPoint Sports EPS 3000 Two-piece Table Tennis Table is worth looking into. The table can be folded into playback position with ease enabling a single player to train or practice alone. It can also be folded to fit a small storage space for easy and convenient storage in your office or garage.
- Seamless two-piece table tennis top with a ¾-inch laminated play surface that offers aconsistent bounce.
- It comes with an on-center net and a convenient paddle storage system that holds up to 6 balls and 4 paddles (balls and paddles not included)
- Powder coated, rust resistant steel frame is very stable, sturdy and self-folding.
- The molded corner caps and 1.375 inch aprons resist warping while ensuring a level playing surface.
- The table can be easily adjusted into playback position allowing a single player to practice. Both sides can also be folded up and locked for storage.
- The sturdy 2-inch diameter wheels can be locked for easy and convenient storage and transport.
- Dimensions when assembled: 108” length x 60” width x 30” height
- Dimensions in playback position: 71” length x 60” width x 30” height
- Weight: 154.98 lbs.
Killerspin Revolution Table Tennis Table- Best Expensive Table
Killerspin is a popular brand, known to offer aesthetically beautiful table tennis gear for competition-level games and eye-catching style. Killerspin Revolution is their flagship product, which signifies a perfect combination of world-class design and premium quality of craftsmanship. Just take a minute and look at the build quality of the equipment. Looks astonishing, isn’t it? Given its stylish looks, you can set up Killerspin Revolution as a centerpiece of any game room or office rec rooms.
Now talking about its materials. Revolution series shines in its performance, given its premium table top made from 22mm of MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard). It delivers excellent and reliable bounce all throughout the game, without showing any signs of warping or dead spots.
To strengthen the table top, it has been further finished with 16 -layer RRC (Repeat Roller Coating) by Killerspin. It is a process where the table is coated so as to reduce its glare and make the surface resistant against ball marks.
The base of the Killerspin Revolution is extremely strong and is what makes it stand out from all the other tables in the market. The unique arch-shaped base looks very appealing and is highly supportive as well. This base is covered in an aluminum panel for excellent steadiness and alluring look of the table.
The frame of the Revolution is crafted from heavy-gauge steel, which offers strength and longevity to the table. The solid frame also works as a durable base for consistency in your games. The 2-piece design will allow easy setup and breakdown of the table in a matter of few seconds. A bolt-lock mechanism is what secures these 2-pieces together. It is ready to play just with few minutes out of the box. So, that’s a win-win.
Specifications and Features
- High-end table tennis gear; Engineered for performance
- Arches base is plated with aluminum for extreme stability
- Uses premium quality of 22mm MDF table top
- Looks very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing
- Heavy-gauge steel frame
- Includes 1 year of warranty
- Comes with high-quality Killerspin Apex Net and Steel Post gear
Table top is uniquely coated to reduce glare and prevent it from marks
JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table– Best Cheap Table
This is a top-of-the line table that is not only portable but also one of the best table tennis tables, especially for small spaces. JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table features a high-quality playing surface and components that rival many costly full-size regulation tables.
This midsize table is regulation size and just 2/3 the width and length of ITTF certified tables. Therefore, JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table is an excellent way to allow anyone who lives in an apartment, uses a small office or small living space to play ping pong where they otherwise couldn’t. You’ll be surprised to learn that playing on the JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table feels just like playing on an ITTF-certified table tennis table and not just a gimmick of the actual professional playing surface.
- JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table assembled dimension is just 71” x 30” x 36” for increased use of small spaces. This is just 2/3 the width of ITTF approved tables.
- It weighs 62 pounds only for easy transportation.
- JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table is designed to last
- The table can be separated into two separate pieces for convenient storage and increased practicality.
- JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table top is very solid and sturdy and it provides a good bounce for a mini table tennis table
- It features a 5/8 thick Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) that is similar in quality to full sized competition or regulation tables that usually cost much more. This is a serious table tennis table that allows for great, competitive play. The table top is 5/8 inches thick and is of the same quality as JOOLA’s high end table tennis tables.
- The table is made of two halve that are joined together where the net set is mounted.
- Each half can be stored individually or used for other things including board games.
- One of the outstanding benefits of the JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table is that no assembly is required because the table is simply folded up in the shipping box. Therefore, you simply need to unfold the table legs and attach the two table tops before you can start playing.
- The table is also easy to fold up for storage. The legs fold under each half and each side can be stored separately. Infact, when folded, each table half is only a few inches thick and can be easily stored in a closet or under a bed.
JOOLA Midsize Table Tennis Table is perfect for anyone with a limited budget and/or limited space. Although it is not regulation size, this table still provides ample room and an excellent bounce for competitive play among seasoned table tennis players.
STIGA Space Saver Table Tennis Table
Just like the name suggests, the main feature of this table tennis table is that it is a space saver. STIGA Space Saver Table Tennis Tableis a great choice for people who want to play table tennis but have limited space at home or in the office. This table can be folded up easily and nicely enabling you to make space for other uses when you are not playing ping pong. Moreover, the halves can be used for other purposes besides playing table tennis.
Dimensions and specifications
- The Medium Density Fiberboard on the table top is 5/8 inches which helps in ensuring that you enjoy an even bounce throughout the playing surface.
- The table top comes with silk screen stripping.
- STIGA Space Saver Table Tennis Table features 1.25” steel apron.
- The 1.25 inches thick steel legs come with leg levelers that provide an even playing surface and a sturdy base.
- The levelers are well folded to prevent unwanted scratches
- You can use the levelers to adjust the table height so you can play exactly the way you want.
- Dimensions: 40.5 inches x 71 inches x 30 inches
- Weight: 73 pounds
The STIGA Space Saver table Tennis Table offers three different table arrangements for different purposes; the playing position for playing purposes, multipurpose styling where the two halves are used for other purposes such as playing card and board games and the storage arrangement where the two halves are folded up for easy and convenient storage when you’re not playing.
STIGA InstaPlay Table Tennis Table
As the name suggests, the STIGA InstaPlay Table tennis table is ready for the immediate game right out of the box. Meaning, no hassles of assembly whatsoever. The legs on this table consist of 2” of square steel columns and 2” of steel support apron. So, rest assured you get a solid platform for your games. Plastic caps on the legs protect your floor from undesirable scratches.
The ¾” of playfield features a nice, smooth black color top with white strips. This table top is then fitted with a 66” of net and mounting posts.
Table at Play
To favor the structure and improve the strength of the table, STIGA has provided an edge banding here. You know how annoying it is when you are trying to take a close shot and the edges restrict you. So STIGA has made sure to eradicate this problem by offering a significant edge banding at all corners of the table. And this is exactly what adds a professional sense to this table. InstaPlay comes with 3” of ball bearing casters to make its portability a breeze! Moreover, storing the InstaPlay is as easy as a snap of fingers, thanks to the foldable frame. The table top here is sanded and is further UV filled to form a smooth, even-leveled playfield.
- No Assembly Required, features InstaPlay Technology
- ¾ ” of thick black table top with silk screen strips
- 2″ square steel legs and 3″ mag ball bearing locking wheels
- 2″ of steel aprons with corner protectors
- 66″ net and mounting post set Included
- Offers 3 table positions: Normal playing position, Playback position (one half of the table is lifted up for single player) and folded position (both sides are folded up)
STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table– Best Value for Money
The STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table features a 5/8 inch MDF table top with a heavy duty frame, silk-screen striping and a quick and easy assembly process. Although the STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table lacks extra features, it delivers a great playing experience especially for someone on a budget. It’s one of the best sellers because it’s a solid table that’s built with excellent materials for an entry-level price.
- Dimensions: 63” x 56” x 5”
- Weight: 190 lbs
- Competition-ready table that is perfect for your office or home
- The table is 95% pre-assembled for an easy and quick setup process that only takes 10 minutes.
- Transport and roll table halves effortlessly using 3 inch lockable caster wheels for convenient storage and setup.
- Attach and remove the net easily with 72 inch clamp style net set
- The 5/8 inch-thick top with silk-screen stripping offers excellent playability.
The STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table has a 5/8 inch thick Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) table top that is finished with a roller coating process. This automated process creates an excellent and durable playing surface with silkscreen printed lines. Unlike most tables that come with taped-on lines, this table comes with printed lines that will not come off or affect the natural bounce of the ball. Although the playing surface is pretty durable, it’s particularly important to note that this table is ideal for indoor use only because the MDF surface cannot withstand severe temperature changes or moisture.
The STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table offers excellent playing experience for its price range. The frame is also very solid and sturdy and the 5/8” MDF surface offers an excellent and consistent bounce. The overall craftsman is great and the net system is excellent for an entry-level table.
The STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table has a quick and easy assembly process where the entire table is 95% pre-assembled. STIGA claim that the assembly process takes 10 minutes only. The entire process involves attaching the wheels to the frame and tightening some bolts here and there. Therefore, if you have a crest wrench or some pliers, the entire process will go smoothly and quickly.
This is a no-nonsense table tennis table that offers a quality MDF playing surface, a sturdy all-steel construction and good craftsmanship. This high quality indoor-only table is an excellent option for intermediate players who want a table that offers a great playing experience and is generally designed to stand up to abuse for a long time.
JOOLA Inside 15mm 5/8 Inch Table Tennis Table– Editor’s choice
JOOLA Inside 15mm Competition Grade Table Tennis Table is a great table for anyone who wants to enjoy a fun-filled game at an affordable price. It comes with separable nesting halves and a sleek frame that make this table tennis table great for compact storage. The table features a professional-grade 15 mm (5/8 inch) wood composite surface that offers excellent durability and a consistent ball bounce. Moreover, the 1.5 inch diameter legs and 1.5 inch resin apron create a durable table tennis table that will last for years.
On the other hand, the table legs come with adjustable height levers to make sure that you’ll have a level playing surface. The 3” locking caster wheels provide added stability and the dual safety locking system ensures safety both in storage and playing positions. The table comes with a net and post set that features an adjustable tension system and a removable clamp post. Both the net set and table are USATT-approved.
Features of JOOLA Inside 15mm Competition Grade Table Tennis Table
- Competition grade table and net set is perfect for your office, community center or home.
- It comes with a sturdy 15 mm wood composite playing surface for a consistent and reliable ball bounce
- The separate folding table halves are perfect for solo playback mode, compact storage and easy setup.
- Easy and quick assembly in less than 20 minutes.
- The four locking casters and dual locking devices per half provide additional safety and stability during storage and transportation.
Dimensions and weight
- Overall: 30” Height x 61” Width x 108” Length
- Folded: 65.5” Height x 60” Width x 24.5” Length
- Playing surface: 60” Width x 108 “ Length
- Legs: 30” Height
- Tabletop thickness: 0.625”
- Weight: 140 pounds
- Wheel size: 3”
Quick Guide to Buying Table Tennis Tables
Type of table tennis table
The type of table you choose is primarily determined by where you want to use and store your table. You should also consider whether you want a full size table or smaller table.
Outdoor ping pong tables
Outdoor tables are primarily designed to withstand elements such as moisture, extreme temperature changes and direct sunlight because they are left out all year round. They are generally more expensive than indoor ping pong tables. Most outdoor tables are also full-size but may fold at the center. They may also come with wheels that make movement easy. Some tables can be folded in half enabling users to play or practice by themselves.
Indoor ping pong tables
For indoor ping pong tables, you should look for a unit which can be folded away for storage especially if space is restricted. Therefore, it’s particularly important to consider the size of the area where you want to set up the table and its planned storage space. Besides making storage easy, tables that come in two pieces can have multiple uses. For instance they can be used as tables for playing board games or as homework desks for your kids when you’re not playing ping pong.
What size should you buy?
Ping pong tables are available in small size, intermediate size and full size. The size you choose depends on who is playing and the available playing and storage space. Professional or serious players need full size tables but amateurs and younger children can use small or intermediate sized tables.
Do you need any extra features or accessories?
Your ping pong table should come with a net set, 2 or 4 table tennis bats and some balls. It’s essential to check whether these accessories are included in the package to avoid being disappointed when your tables arrives without extra accessories and equipment.